A crown is a dental cap that is put on a damaged tooth to help restoring its size, shape and strength, covering the entire visible part of the tooth.
There are many reasons for getting a dental crown:
- It restores a tooth that is already broken or worn out;
- Helps to shield a tooth from decay or cracking;
- It helps to anchor a dental bridge;
- It hides discolored or misplaced teeth;
- It hides dental implants;
Teeth Whitening: Do it yourself or visit the dentist? This question is now being asked by millions of people on the internet. There are so many over the counter whitening products to chose from. Many of those whitening kits claim to be as good as a dentist treatment. Is this really the case? Not according to the American Dental Association (ADA).
In 2009, the ADA released a report on the dangers of using DIY teeth whitening kits. Continue reading