Many people choose porcelain veneers as a treatment to make teeth more attractive. Porcelain veneers are thin porcelain sheets which are permanently attached to the front of your teeth. Popular uses include scratches, discoloration, cracks, closing holes, shape problems, and other defects in porcelain veneers. You’ll end up with a gorgeous smile and optimal confidence when you choose porcelain veneers.
Since veneer treatment is an investment in your smile, there’s a good reason to want your results to be maximized. This means taking extra care to extend the life of your veneers. Below are tips to help you enjoy the up to 15 years of veneers.
Maintaining Your Veneers
- Take excellent mouth-care. Good oral hygiene is necessary for veneers because you prevent plaque buildup around the margins by the brushing and flossing you do. If you can’t get into the flossing habit, consider using a Waterpik for effectiveness and convenience. Consistent flossing also protects veneers by preventing gum disease from developing which could cause gums to recede away from veneers.
- Always use proper oral care instruments. We recommend not using abrasive toothpaste or a hard-bristled toothbrush on veneers, as this can scratch the porcelain and allow bacteria to build up.
- We recommend a mouthguard at Smile Esthetics, Scottsdale. Mouthguards protect your natural teeth from veneer sand during sports activities. Often, a mouthguard is useful for people who smile or clench their teeth at night.
- Neither smoke cigarettes or cigars. Smoking increases significantly the risk of gum disease, which can cause your gums to recede from your veneers and natural teeth.
- Keep your regularly scheduled care appointments with Smile Esthetics Scottsdale.
Dental visits are essential for oral health as a whole and for the treatment of your veneers.
Contact Smile Esthetics Scottsdale Today
To find out more about porcelain veneers, request your appointment with our Team. Call (480) 867-1727 or complete our online contact form to reach us today.