Getting your teeth whitened at the dentist’s office may be quite a costly expense, but offering your smile one of the best enhancements. For this reason, it is important to take care of your freshly whitened teeth so they can retain their color for a long time to come. One way to make sure it is by watching what you are eating. In the first few weeks after the teeth whitening procedure, you need to be especially vigilant about what you eat. We’re asking you in this post about the things to eat as well as the ones you need to stay away from.
FOODS TO EAT!
Go For Room Temperature Foods
There may be a period of pain or irritation which lasts up to 72 hours after undergoing a tooth whitening procedure.
This annoyance is compounded when you eat food that is either too hot or too cold. So make sure that everything you eat is at room temperature. This can contribute to maximum discomfort when the temperature is either too hot or too cold.
Natural Crunch Is The Best
When it comes to dental hygiene, not the only thing to remember is the flavor of the food. A significant thing about nutrient delivery to the body is food eating and digestion. There are a variety of ways to get crunch-on from eating chips and cookies. Others chew raw foods such as sweet potatoes and cassava. If you want to preserve your pearly whites, it’s vital you just eat natural crunch. Even these serve as the natural teeth cleaners.
Cheese. The cheese is very good for dental health. In fact, all dairy products tend to be good for the teeth since they contain calcium. According to science, eating dairy products that are low in fat can boost oral health. These foods also minimize tooth conditions like periodontal diseases and tooth decay. Also, given that dairy products are white in color, there are no chances that they can stain your freshly whitened teeth.
Concentrate on White Foods
• Eat white dry or boiled chicken, white fish, turkey, white rice, white sauce, and white pasta.
• For potatoes, you can eat boiled, mashed, or baked. Take note to peel the skin off.
FOODS TO AVOID
Vegetables that you should avoid are peas, broccoli, sprouts, green beans, and sweet corn. Salads such as beetroot, red or green lettuce, and tomatoes among other things need to be avoided.
• For alcoholic drinks, take only clear liquids like Malibu, Gin, Vodka, and white wine.
• Drinks to avoid are tea (Iced or Hot) as it can cause the deepest staining, Orange Juice, Coffee, no fizzy drinks, and Soda among other things.
• Alcoholic drinks to avoid are red wine, beer, and generally any colored alcohol.
• In case you had an afternoon or early treatment, only brush your pearly whites using white toothpaste. Avoid using any colored mouthwash for two days.
• For late-night treatment, resist from brushing your teeth that night and only do it the following day.
• If you feel gum sensitivity after teeth whitening experience, use bonjela. Just rub it and your sensitivity will quickly disappear.
Call us today
If you need more information about your tooth health or if you would like to know the dental choices available to you, please contact us. Our team will provide cutting edge guidance to help you make the right choice with your teeth. For more information or to schedule a no-obligation consultation to discuss your dental health call, Dr. Mariana Conant, today at (480) 867-1727.