Many people choose porcelain veneers as a treatment to enhance the attractiveness of teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin sheets of porcelain that are permanently affixed to the front of your teeth. Common uses for porcelain veneers include chips, discoloration, cracks, closing gaps, shape issues, and other flaws. When you choose porcelain veneers, you will end up with a gorgeous smile and optimal confidence.
Because veneer treatment is an investment into your smile, there is a good reason to want to maximize your results. This means prolonging the life of your veneers with proper care. Below are tips to help you enjoy veneers for up to 15 years.
Maintaining Your Veneers
- Take excellent care of your mouth. Good oral hygiene is necessary for veneers because the brushing and flossing that you do prevent plaque buildup around the margins. If you cannot get into the habit of flossing, consider using a Waterpik for efficiency and convenience. Consistent flossing also protects veneers by preventing the development of gum disease, which could cause gums to recede away from veneers.
- Always use proper instruments for oral care. We recommend that you do not use abrasive toothpaste or a hard-bristled toothbrush on veneers, as this can scratch the porcelain and allow for bacteria to buildup.
- At Smile Esthetics Scottsdale, we recommend a mouthguard. Mouthguards protect veneer sand your natural teeth during sporting activities. A mouthguard is also beneficial for individuals who grind or clench their teeth at night.
- Do not smoke cigarettes or cigars. Smoking significantly increases the risk of gum disease, which can cause your gums to recede from your veneers and your natural teeth.
- Keep your regularly scheduled care appointments with Smile Esthetics Scottsdale.
Dental visits are important for overall oral health and also for the care of your veneers.
Contact Smile Esthetics Scottsdale Today
To find out more about porcelain veneers, request your appointment with our Team. Call (480) 867-1727 or complete our online contact form to reach us today.